Wednesday, 18 February 2015
Tough Love
We can start with the basics...and perhaps the hard truth while we're at it. Come April, we're pretty much shit-faced even if we pass with flying colours (Mind you, I'm not saying that's how I am at this moment)
That's a fact that we all have to accept come April, but there is hope. That silver lining called opportunity (or maybe internship) may come reeling like a bat out of hell and save any of us.
Forgot to mention.. this entry is not for me, it's for all of us.
Now for the good news. THIS NETWORKING NIGHT.. was different, in my opinion. We already had enough knowledge from previous lectures in class or from the previous networking nights. We already knew quite a bit so this night was different. 15-minute speed dating to build a relationship rather than familiarising us with the business.
I can't say it's a success, that answer will come once we get hired or if the relationship bears fruit. I stand with what I told them. It's not about the money. There will always be money. It's about loyalty and the relationships that we build along the way that matter in surviving this competitive field.
We're taking pot shots up in the sky. And someday, that bullet will come raining down... and that's when things get exciting.
To everyone that was in the event...
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
To my colleagues...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment