Wednesday, 11 February 2015

I once convinced a woman I was Kevin Costner

About Sheridan


                 No, I never said that out in public. I wish I had the looks, but... I got more of the creativity instead!

                    I am currently in a Better Call Saul hype so expect a lot of pictures or memes starring the CRIMINAL lawyer. Don't worry though, this post won't be all about my fascination and excitement for that show. It's gonna be more on advertising for movies or shows.

Everyone enjoys the movies. Who doesn't? But then again... do you get that same reaction from watching a movie that you only found out on the day itself? 

It may be good, may be bad... or probably no one cares at all.

Trailers.. Yes, trailers.

Build the hype. Crack that line and cookie dough that target audience!

Take the trailer of Birdman (2014) for example:


Not really categorized as an indie film, but it had that feel to it. Most indie films have the plot that tend to fuck up your rational way of thinking and make your tinker tick. Think of it as INCEPTION without the money and flashy graphics (well...only a little).

55 trailers, including tv spots. That's a pretty steep budget for a movie that only appeared in select cinemas. It only appeared in one cinema in Toronto in a span of 3 days. That's really marginalizing your potential audience and income... but that didn't stop it from soaring and winning awards in the last Golden Globes and Academy Awards night. 9 nominations for the Academy Awards and one win for Michael Keaton in the Golden Globes, not bad, Batman.

It's the hype. It's the hype that drives people in. Sadly, we have yet to do an in-depth analysis or lesson in the program. Just a taste.. oooh why only a taste...

I'm still waiting for a chance to start working on this angle. Hopefully, we'll touch base on this area. Build the tension with really short clips, interesting lines, etc.

And when you watch the real thing...

I'm not reviewing. That's not the purpose of this post.

BWAHAHA!







No comments:

Post a Comment