About Sheridan
Networking Night 2015
I'm not sure if that's the proper or formal name for the event. I never got to research on the companies that was in the event because of the following things:
1. No internet at home (transition stage to getting a new service provider)
2. Lots to do in class
3. My package (the DVD writer) only arrived on the day itself and I had to burn a number of copies for the event
4. My resume still wasn't done. Had to rush everything that I wasn't able to work on the pie chart... at all!
5. Brought a lot of things. My locker was, literally, bulging.
6. My back gave way (I sound so old because of this) due to the weight of the stuff I brought.
Despite the setbacks, the night was a lot of fun. Been a while since I went one-on-one with actual practitioners and try to sell myself so you can expect things to go south at first. But hey, the fear monster came in one door and left in the other by the mid of the night.
Got to meet a lot of interesting people in the industry, TubeMogul, Nielsen, Naked Creative, HAVAS Worldwide, Metroland Media, Cotton Candy, etc.
Shame there were plenty of empty tables like from the Leo Burnett side, I would've wanted to get things started with them, intro and everything.
This is just the first of many. Need to do my follow-ups to get my career going and to make damn sure that they remember who I am.
Go! Go! Go!
No comments:
Post a Comment