Sunday, 22 March 2015
One-on-One with Myself
I would like to take this moment to reflect on the past. No, this is not a somber tale of a growing boy (Good lord... hell no) but more of an understanding of what has passed and what may be in store for me.
In a few days, I will be turning a year older. It's a sad notion to see notices on my Facebook page and text messages but that's something I will have to live with.
That's enough of the personal reflection... let's go to my professional looking glass.
I've only been a working professional for less than a decade but I can already feel the burden it brings with age and experience. To be honest, I deviated from the path that my teachers told me to go. They wanted me to be a journalist. I led myself to believe that I can be more than just a silent scream waiting to be heard. To an extent, I achieved that status but not so much as I had hoped for.
I grew up with a vision that I would rather live as a legend than as a fleeting memory. I don't know anymore if I can live up to that promise. My path is now intertwined with the arts and the business perspective of the whole spectrum that is life.
When I got out of university, I prepared myself with the understanding that creativity is everything. I carelessly let go of my understanding of math and the sciences to refine my understanding of the metaphysical and sublime. And it's only now I realize that it was a mistake to let it go. I should have embraced it along with the study of creativity.
Only a few more weeks 'till the end of my post-graduate study in Sheridan and I am still clinging to creativity as a saving grace. As much as I would want to believe that I am, I am not professional enough to make this career change in the field of advertising. That is not to say that I am not ready for this career change. This entry is meant to act as a wake-up call to me and to whomever feels the way I feel, sees the way I do.
The education I received in Sheridan is true...
But as a person, I need to learn...
There's still time for this old dog to learn..
I can do this...
I'm not only doing this for myself. There's my family. There's the family I will start with Karla. There're people I mustn't disappoint. Promises I made when I left my home.
Crunch week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment